Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My First Attempt at Network Marketing

I want to be frank, I came into the Vemma business because I saw the successful people that were in it, and I thought, why not me?

8 Months down the line.. I'm thinking.. did I make the right decision? I am still debating with myself if I made the right decision. The problem may lie in my tactics however. I joined Vemma in January to save my spot. I have 103 people on my right team (none which I have personally enrolled). That could potentially translate into $1500 a month. Crazy, right? My problem.. I can't seem to manage to enroll anyone. My other problem, I've only actually been trying to enroll people for 2 weeks.

I am also part of Auto Pilot Marketing, which is pretty much a system that assists in marketing Vemma. They have leads that you can buy, they provide you a link that you can give out, and APM is actually how I got involved in the business. The things to keep in mind, APM is free to try for 10 days, after that there is a $29.95 monthly fee. The leads may seem cheap at roughly $5 a person, but that does not guarantee they will sign up. It's like gambling. I have yet to buy leads, I'm saving that as my last resort. I'm so worried to spend $100 on 20 people only to find out that none of them are interested.

I've been trying to get leads on craigslist. Keep in mind, craigslist does not like affiliate/MLM links. But I do it anyway (and so do many others). I got 2 leads from there that actually answered my phone call. The upsetting part is that they sound extremely interested, but then when I call a second time to follow up, they ignore my phone call.

So far, this is what I've learned from Network Marketing:
• Not all people have the decency to tell you they are not interested.
• This can become stressful if you keep asking yourself, is this worth it?
• You need to just remind yourself, I like the products, that is what is keeping me from dropping out.
• If people don't want to talk to me, it's their loss.
• I always thought I'd be afraid to talk to people on the phone, but it's really not that bad as long as you be yourself.
• Scripts sound like BS. I like to use it as a guide to stay on topic, but I don't follow it to a tee.
• Everyone is scared of Network Marketing even though it shows such great potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment